What Should I Expect with Invisalign Treatment at Kellerman Dental?
Would you like to have straighter teeth and a smile that you’re proud to share? There’s never been a better time to get the smile of your dreams right here in the Edwardsville/Glen Carbon area.
Kellerman Dental is proud to be a certified provider of Invisalign clear aligners, which give you a clear, comfortable and relatively quick option to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
As an alternative to traditional braces, Invisalign offers a lot of great benefits to patients that are suited for this option. If you’re wondering what makes Invisalign different, please continue reading to see if this is an option you should consider.
Why Choose an Invisalign Treatment Plan?
- Faster treatment: In general, Invisalign treatment is going to be significantly shorter than traditional braces. Braces use brackets connected by wires to encourage teeth to move. Invisalign aligners are a series of tight-fitting custom-made mouthpieces that slip over the teeth.
The aligners are typically changed weekly, which gives you the smile you want fast although the specific treatment protocol will be specific to your needs.
- Convenient: Unlike braces, aligners can be removed, making it easier to brush and floss well, which helps maintain better overall oral health. Also, Invisalign treatment is ideal for your busy schedule, since you only need to visit our office approximately every 6-10 weeks.
- Proven results and Versatility: SmartTrack® material and SmartForce® features are clinically proven to improve control of tooth movement with Invisalign clear aligners. This has made Invisalign the leader in teeth realignment.
Invisalign clear aligners can treat a wide range of teeth-straightening conditions, including crossbites, crowding, open bites, gapped teeth, overbites, and underbites.
- Better fit: Since your aligners are custom-made for your teeth, they are comfortable, fit well, and are easy to put on and take off.
- Virtually invisible: Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible so most people won’t even notice that you’re wearing them.
- Comfortable: Invisalign clear aligner trays are not only smooth and comfortable to wear, but they’re also removable. That means you can continue doing all the things you normally would, from brushing and flossing to eating whatever you like.
The Invisalign Treatment Process
Your First Consultation
At your initial consultation, we will discuss your orthodontic needs and evaluate whether Invisalign treatment is right for you.
Your Custom Treatment Plan
We will use a state-of-the-art scanner to create fast, precise 3D digital images of your teeth. Then we will map out a precise treatment plan, including the exact movements of your teeth and how long your treatment will be. You’ll even get to see how your teeth will move and preview your new smile.
Your Invisalign Clear Aligners
Your custom-made aligners will be virtually invisible, so most people won’t even notice you’re wearing them during your teeth straightening.
Wear your Invisalign clear aligners 20 to 22 hours a day for the best results, and take them out only to eat, brush, and floss.
As you wear each set of aligners, your teeth will gently and gradually shift into place. We may recommend that you begin wearing a new set of aligners every week and schedule checkups every 6-10 weeks.
Taking Care of Your New Smile
When your treatment is complete, ask us about a Vivera® retainer. Vivera retainers are custom-made using the same state-of-the-art technology as Invisalign clear aligners.
To learn more about the Invisalign system and all your orthodontic treatment options, please feel free to schedule an appointment at our office.
We look forward to meeting with you and helping you achieve the smile of your dreams!